Monday, March 7, 2016
Wednesday, March 2, 2016
While checking the SMSTS.log and DataTransferService.log logs on TEST001 (Testing machine) (this one took 9 hours to finish), I found out that the packages and applications were getting downloaded from One of the Primary site (PRI01). We wanted all the packages and applications to be downloaded from Remote distribution point (RDP01) as this server is local on remote network (RN01) and has all the required packages/applications. I looked at the boundaries on PRI02 site (RDP01 belongs to PRI02) and everything was correct. I tried to redistribute packages, delete and re-add the boundary and boundary group for Remote office, but none of these fixed the issue. After struggling for a bit, I decided to check the boundary on PRI01 site.
When I connected to PRI01 site, I realized that there was a typo for boundary IN CRP - 1. Below is the snapshot of the IN CRP - 1 boundary that I found.
As you can see here, the starting IP is 10.193.8.1 and ending IP is 22.214.171.124. This includes all the IP addresses between these two IP addresses, which includes all of our remote sites as they have IP addresses like 10.202/204/205/210 etc. Because of this conflict, the client was thinking that although it belongs to PRI02 site, its currently roaming in PRI01 site and hence was using PRI01 distribution point. After I changed the ending IP address to 10.192.11.254, the client in RN01 started downloading packages/applications from RDP01 and TS execution time went down from 9 hours to just under 2 hours.
So going forward, please pay special attention to details like this, any miss-configuration can lead to issues at some other office location.
Last month I was asked to create an SCCM package for chrome extension - 'RingDNA' (Intelligent dialer for salesforce) . Well , at first place , it looks stupid, creating an package for chrome ext. which is just one click away installing from chrome web store, anyways , I still gave a try.
Monday, January 18, 2016
Error message when you try to install a SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 SP3: “The NT service 'MSSQLSERVER' could not be started
Debug Programs (SeDebugPrivilege)
Manage auditing and security log (SeSecurityPrivilege)
Control Panel--> Administrative Tools --> Local Security -->Settings --> Local Policies --> User Rights Assignment
Monday, December 21, 2015
- Client side troubleshooting
- Mobile devices
- Server side troubleshooting
- Clear Temporary Files
- Delete Cookies ->Temp Files -> History -> Saved passwords -> Forms from all the Browsers.
- Start — > Run –> Temp –> Delete all temp files.
- Start –> Run –> Prefetch –> Delete all Prefetch files.
- Remove Mapped drives from my computer. My Computer –> Right click on Shared drive –> click on Disconnect
- If Adobe reader is installed, backend it will be trying to check for latest update, Delete the Adobe updater file from below path. Delete the AdobeUpdater.dll file in the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader version \Reader
- Remove stored passwords from Control Panel
- Start –> Run –> Type Control UserPasswords2 , Click on Advanced managed passwords and delete all the passwords
- Remote unwanted applications from startups (Run-> msconfig –> startup –> Uncheck unwanted software’s)
- Scan the entire HDD and update the Antivirus agent
- Check the third party software’s installed on client side, If it’s not required, Uninstall.
- Open the Task Scheduler (Run --> Tasks) and delete the unwanted tasks. Most of the time, Automatic backup / Google Update / Apple Updates will be installed by default) Remove all.
- Uninstall Auto update software’s in control panel (You can update these software’s manually)
- If user’s account acts as a service account (Update the latest password in Service).
- Check if User’s account used as an IIS application pool identity.
- Go to account settings in Mobile device and update the latest password.
- Reboot the device if required.
- Is issue persists, Delete and reconfigure the device,
- If you found that account is getting locked from mobile device, and unable to fix the by performing above steps, Take necessary backup and Wipe the device completely and reconfigure the device.
Server / Active Directory
- Account Lockout and Management Tool.http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=18465
Tuesday, December 15, 2015